I am a twenty-something Canadian girl from Eastern Ontario. I call British Columbia home. I am an archivist and librarian by profession, and I enjoy writing, taking photos, walking, crocheting, and watching historical television shows. According to various online quizzes, I am Hufflepuff with Ravenclaw tendencies, Sailor Mercury, and INFJ.
This blog is mainly an outlet for my thoughts. After a very emotional June 2017, which included a few painful gallbladder attacks and surgery, I knew I needed to reassess who I was and try to be a better version of myself. I realized that my health issues and low self-esteem affected my life more than I thought. I never want to be where I was in June 2017 again—even though nothing bad happened. I am grateful to be where I am now and want to use these second chances wisely. I hope for the best.
So, here goes.
I have an anxiety disorder, mostly performance and/or social anxiety. A classmate once said that I “look very calm on the outside, but I can tell there is a lot going on in your brain.” I am high functioning, but sometimes my body goes into flight mode and stays there much longer than my brain says to be afraid. My sister says I am “too thinky.”
I used to have an eating disorder. I binged occasionally and purged more than occasionally for a few years.
I want to be healthier. If I can prevent gall/kidney stones from ever happening again, as well as various debilitating mineral deficiencies and autoimmune flare-ups from happening as often as they do, I will be happy.
I want to be a photo/community archivist or special collections librarian. Stay tuned.
Finally, I want to be more confident. I sometimes wonder if I’m actually bad at the things I think I’m bad at, or if I am just too self-conscious to try. I know I’m definitely awful at math and most sports.
Thank you for listening.
- Shows I watch right now include Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Harlots, and Anne
- I am an unapologetic L.M. Montgomery fangirl
- Favourite artists include Brooke Fraser, Lights, Florence + The Machine, Birdy, Fleet Foxes, and Loreena McKennitt
- My childhood dream was to be a published author
- Adult colouring books stress me out, but I still want this Little House series illustrations by Garth Williams colouring book for nostalgia reasons and not for colouring in
- I share a house with my high school friends